Software Engineer (Oracle PL/SQL)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Who We Are
Turnkey Africa Limited is a leading Pan-African insurance technology and services provider. We develop, supply and manage end-to-end insurance business software solutions and service for the industry. Our extensive experience along with our strong vertical market focus has facilitated the development and customization of a range of superior Insurance and Bancassurance software solutions that have completely transformed the way our clients do business and interact with their customers.
At Turnkey Africa you will be able to work in a truly great environment of transparency and camaraderie that evokes mutual respect and team spirit. You will have the autonomy to create the kind of impact you envision in line with Turnkey’s strategy. The Opportunity We're looking for talented hands-on Software Engineer to join our team and start making an impact from day one. You'll join one of Turnkey Africa's product teams and work alongside other engineers to help solve challenging problems. Whether you are writing a new feature or developing new products, our interns are key contributors to our product.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Agile software development principles.
- Ability to openly propose and defend technical solutions
- Strong collaboration and communicating skills
- Strong computer science foundations
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
- You have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, software design, to name a few)
- PL/SQL - Strong PL/SQL Programming skills, experience in writing Database Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Objects/Collections in PL/SQL,
- Explain Plan and Trace tools for SQL
- Software application development skills with a minimum of 1-year specific experience with design and implementation of large and complex business applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java Enterprise Applications (e.g. Spring Core, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, SOAP, REST, MQ Series, Hibernate, JPA etc…)
- A strong knowledge of databases such as Oracle, MYSQL and Postgres and experience in relational database design
- Familiar with GIT, Maven, Jenkins, and UNIX scripting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, MVC patterns.
- Familiarity with software engineering practices such as OOP, Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Functional Hierarchy Diagrams, Entity Relationship models and server model design.
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Strong competency in responsive, mobile-first layouts leveraging CSS and media queries.
- Ability to effectively communicate your work with both technical and non-technical peers.
- A passion for cloud technology, API, and integration into some of the most exciting technical landscapes in the market
- Exposure to SaaS Cloud Product Development and Micro Services Architectures
How to Apply:
Please submit your application with a detailed CV, quoting the job title in the subject field to https://turnkeyafrica.bamboohr.com/jobs, Software Engineer (PL/SQL) - Lagos, Nigeria (bamboohr.com)
Application deadline: 13th September 2021